Monday 4 June 2012

Sergeant Samuel Watts

So, continuing with the Black 13th, here's Watts. I really love the posing of this model. It really looks like he's daring someone to draw on him. I hate painting black hair, but once again handcannon online came to the rescue with an excellent article. Which I tried my best to follow and adapt. I'm getting these guys done at a rate of about one evening (5 hours) per model, which is about a quarter of the time I usually spend on a character model, but I'm really enjoying just having them painted. It helps with the motivation. I'm pretty happy with how the blue turned out, the photo also doesn't really show the black trousers well, but they look decent in the flesh. Excuse the wierd blue bits on the base, I didn't notice these till I took the photos and have since been rectified!

No comments:

Post a Comment