Thursday 21 July 2011

Lots of Filing...

I found an old half-assembled undercoated Mounted Lord amongst my half-finished wood elves, so I thought I'd test out the idea. Turns out, its not going to be as simple as just sitting him on the gradon. The dragon is much wider than a horse and the lord has lots of folds in his cloak that get in the way.
First, I filed down the saddle entirely, the lord covers it up completely. Second, I filed out the inside of his legs and parts of the cloak to make him fit. It's an odd fit, and I'm going to have to think of something to put near his feet so theres no obvious gap.
I think, on reflection, he's gonna look pretty good riding the dragon. He's just got that look about him, he looks right for the role. And he looks important enough to ride a damn dragon too. I'll pick up a new Mounted Lord on monday and start the actual work, but I'm feeling a lot better about how its going to look when its finished.

Also, I had some spare time...and models, and I made this mock up Treekin. The idea is totally stolen from someone else, but I think it works beautifully. I'll post a little guide on how I made it soon, its simple and effective. Apologies for the iPhone camera shots, they don't like undercoated black!

No comments:

Post a Comment